Caine's Arcade

Wed, May 2, 2012 at 7:38 AM

I just had this short film sent to me and I was so taken with this boy's imagination. Kids never cease to amaze me!

http://cainesarcade.com/2012/04/caines-arcade-short-film/

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Caine's Arcade

Wed, May 2, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Really enjoyed that film, Globeast! Amazing! Necessity is the mother of invention, huh! When my son was that age, he rummaged through a dumpster and dug out computer parts, then made friends with a UCLA programmer/tech neighbor who scrounged more old equipment and software for him so he could tinker and build a computer...which landed him his first job at a public library down the street teaching folks how to use the computers in the library...then a tech job at a post-graduate school library...and on and on! Thanks again for sharing.

2. Re: Caine's Arcade

Thu, May 3, 2012 at 6:36 AM

Is it safe to say that you never have to wait for tech support? My oldest is a computer programmer himself. I have a picture of him in his high chair "typing" on a laptop. If I only knew then what we were creating....!
    I think it's great that your son teaches others (probably like me!) to use computers. You must be very proud!

3. Re: Caine's Arcade

Thu, May 3, 2012 at 8:42 AM

Your son must have a great ability to focus to be a programmer! My son knows one programming language. He says he prefers to solve puzzles, so he's always put on jobs where people come to him and say "we need something that will do...xyz" and he designs a system to do it. I don't quite understand what his degree is, not software engineering, something else. And it's true, I never have to wait very long for tech support! Don't know how my business would survive otherwise! But I always try to figure things out myself first - call him when I get stuck! LOL