Posting Comments/Signing Out of Website

Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 3:12 PM

I noticed that there are not very many people posting comments yet on this site. I really like the new format in many ways, but feel that there are a few kinks that need to be worked out. On the positive side, it is very well organized and aesthetically pleasing. The Media section is off to a great start, particularly with the music videos and TV appearances. Overall, it is very artistically and professionally developed.

I have a couple of suggestions on improvements that could be made. Currently, there does not appear to be a way to sign out of your account profile, once you are signed in. Also, when posting comments it is somewhat confusing. There is a delay from when the comment is submitted, until when it is viewable. I believe that a notice about the delay would be helpful to those new to the site. Before I realized that, I posted the same comment multiple times as I didn't think it went through. Also, once you post a comment, there is not currently a way to edit it or remove it, without contacting the customer support staff! I think they are getting tired of me phoning them! Thank you for creating this Forum and the new site. I think it is great!

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Posting Comments/Signing out of Website

Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 9:09 PM

agree the site is fantastico!!. Clean, easy and uncluttered.

1. It is a bit strange being unable to log out - might raise privacy concerns?

1. I like that there appears to be some form of moderation by g-cntrl - hooray!

1. I like that we can't edit our posts - that way history can't be rewritten

1. The billing section of the account is intriguing - what goodies are in store for the future!???

1. I can't upload an avatar pic from an iPad, but no worries as I like the shadowy silhouette. I'm sure that's a known minor deal.

1. and look at the fancy work I just did with numbered bullet points!

2. Re: Posting Comments/Signing out of Website

Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 9:11 PM

oh. ... the numbered bullet points didn't work for me. I'm a dunce.

3. Re: Posting Comments/Signing Out of Website

Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 9:51 PM

Melody, have you figured out how to upload a photo in the new Photo section?

4. Re: Posting Comments/Signing Out of Website

Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 5:11 PM

I think so -> account settings - click on shadowy silhouette - it asks you to choose a file. But on the iPad v.1 it is greyed out and won't let me. It's probably an Apple overzealous protectionism issue that may have been fixed with iPad v.2?

5. Re: Posting Comments/Signing Out of Website

Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 9:31 PM

Thank you. I had already uploaded my profile photo with my computer and didn't have a problem with that. I was trying to post a photo in the Forums/Photo Section and wasn't able to with my Mac. I haven't tried with my iPad v.2 yet. Since there is not a regular computer desktop to drag files to on the iPad, I'm not sure how to upload from the Camera Roll, Photo Library or Events?! We'll figure it out, eventually!!

6. Re: Posting Comments/Signing Out of Website

Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 1:30 AM

aah I see what you're saying. Photos on iPads don't upload to websites - that's a known Apple issue - but there's an app you could try if your iPad is v.2: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/web-albums-for-ipad-a-picasa/id364824944?mt=8 not sure if that helps...

And yeah I just tried to post a photo (using the pic button next to the underline button above the box in which we type a comment to a photo url: http://twitpic.com/7e3uqx ) and it didn't work. Maybe it just takes a while to sync, or maybe I should try again with a Photobucket or Picasa photo?

7. Re: Posting Comments/Signing Out of Website

Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 1:27 PM

Thank you for the suggestion. I appreciate it and will check it out.

8. Re: Posting Comments/Signing Out of Website

Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 6:11 PM

If anyone is unable to log out of your account on an iPad, I figured out how to do it. Go to "Settings" then "Safari" then "Clear History & Clear Cookies and Data." To test it, go to "Manage Account" on the top left corner of the window. If you tap on that, it will tell you to log in.

I am still not able to log out of my account on my Mac. I tried to "Reset Safari" and it didn't work. I'm waiting for the GroundCntrl Support to respond to my requests.

9. Re: Posting Comments/Signing Out of Website

Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 9:09 PM

Aha! hey that works. Thanks Blue Moon. Heaven knows how many cookies I had from various sites ... I feel cleaner now.

10. Re: Posting Comments/Signing Out of Website

Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 10:08 PM

11. Re: Posting Comments/Signing Out of Website

Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 11:21 PM

I just figured out something else - if you go to 'manage account' you can then logout via a button that appears on the top right of your screen. It's all a process of discovery I guess!

12. Re: Posting Comments/Signing Out of Website

Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 11:24 PM

oh, the button is there on all pages and the sneaky little minx has been there all along! Log Out!

13. RE: Posting Comments/Signing Out of Website

Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 1:39 PM

sooooo who forgot to pay their ISP bill huh huh?

only kidding. hope whatever happened didn't stress out whoever it may have. But it did remind me I better check I'm not breaking any laws posting links to music on here...... I think it's OK to link but not upload (?) but might have to clean it out to be safe :-(

14. RE: Posting Comments/Signing Out of Website

Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 6:46 PM

I agree with Blue Moon. I would like to be able to edit my posts.

Like the look of this site.

Thank you for the forum.

15. Re: Posting Comments/Signing Out of Website

Wed, May 2, 2012 at 3:25 AM

I would like to see some kind of update a little more often. There hasn't been anything on the news section since March! We need news!

16. Re: Posting Comments/Signing Out of Website

Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 11:49 AM

search wicked game Daniel Renfroe youtube! Best version since chris done it himeself!

17. Re: Posting Comments/Signing Out of Website

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Hi Dan

Is it possible to have posted comments in reverse date order, ie. most recent as the first item. It's frustrating if you're following a thread and you have to scroll down all the time.

Maybe there's a button to sort them in individual preference order which I haven't noticed ...?